Saturday, May 8, 2010

On Getting Inspiration

On outfits, that is!! Getting inspiration for your outfits can be a strange and magnificent thing. The interesting thing about it is that most people won't even know that you were inspired by something!! Well, I've come up with three different outfits inspired by various things to get you started.

Artwork

Here is a picture that I drew for the purpose of this post. This picture, in turn, is inspired by my favorite Ice-cream flavor, Crazy Vanilla!! See how inspiration works?



And here is the outfit made to compliment it-



Outfit Rundown-
Pastel Bracelet and Necklace - Syverson Design
Bow Bracelet- 6% Doki Doki
Bow Belt- Asos
Hairbow - Amazon
Socks - Hot Topic
Skirt - AsiaJam

I was extremely surprised I was able to find a necklace perfectly similar to my design!! But the interesting thing about being inspired is that nothing has to be exact. For instance, the socks in my drawing are cotton, but the ones in the outfit are a very thin fishnet. Also, the reds are different, and the sandals here are flat instead of wedges.

Food

Yes that is right, I am imploring you to observe food. Well I was inspired by mint-flavor ice-cream, and this is how that turned out.



Summer Set
Summer Set by interncineangels on Polyvore.com

Everything here is by Angelic Pretty.

Mint and pink, mainly because I love them as a set. <3 It's also a very summery and light outfit. I pictured a picnic date while creating this one. <3


Music

I mainly chose to do this one because, for a very long time, I had been wanting to try to create an outfit based one a song by my absolute favorite band, Meg and Dia. (Yes, it is a sick obsession I have, I am aware.) The song I chose, because for me, it had the most imagery out of the 30-something songs of theirs I could think of, was "Monster". This is also the song that I had heard of theirs first, and that made me fall in love with them as a band and as people. So, for your benifit, I have included the lryrics of the song.


"His little whispers.
Love Me. Love Me.
That's all I ask for.
Love Me. Love Me.
He battered his tiny fists to feel something.
Wondered what it's like to touch and feel something.
Monster.
How should I feel?
Creatures lie here.
Looking through the window...
That night he caged her.
Bruised and broke her.
He struggled closer.
Then he stole her.
Violet wrists and then her ankles.
Silent Pain.
Then he slowly saw their nightmares were his dreams.
Monster.
How should I feel?
Creatures lie here.
Looking through the windows.
I will.
Hear their voices.
I'm a glass child.
I am Hannah's regrets.
Monster.
How should I feel?
Turn the sheets down.
Murder ears with pillow lace.
There's bath tubs.
Full of glow flies.
Bathe in kerosene.
Their words tattoed in his veins, yeah."






 And here is the outfit based on those words - 

 

Inspiration 2
Inspiration 2 by interncineangels on Polyvore.com

Outfit Rundown - 
Skirt, Blouse - Nocturnal Treasures
Cage Skirt - Azdaja Boutique
Tights - We Love Colors
Necklace - Shop Handmade
Headbow, Shoes - Angelic Pretty
Bracelets - Amazon



Now some explanation. The focal piece here is the necklace which has the words "Love Me" written on it. The bracelets and tights are based on the line "Violet wrists and then her ankles, silent pain." The purple headbow was added to accent the other purple pieces and make it all flow a bit better. I pictured the skirt worn without a petticoat and with the cage skirt above it. The cage skirt is based on the line "That night he caged her, bruised and broke her." (Lame, I know.) Then, the skirt, blouse, and shoes were chosen based on the color of the cage skirt. (it is black with red trim).

The nice thing about choosing music as your inspiration is that almost no one will know. With this outfit, the only person who would notice what it is based off of would be Miss Courtney, my best friend, and without the necklace, she'd never know. That is why that necklace is a focal piece, because it really tips off that this outfit is inspired by the song.

I must say, this outfit would be a bit impractical due to the cage skirt, but then again, I'd probably wear it anyway. <3

So, what do you girls get inspired by? TV shows? Movies? Books? Poetry, quotes, photography? Let me know!!

As a side note, I would like to say that my Prince and I are together again. The only reason I am saying this is because I am going to have a post up soon about my day with him yesterday, and also because I had stated earlier that I may not feel up to posting due to my emotional condition. Well, I am much much better now because of this, and posting should be back to normal, including tomorrow's Sunday Style, which will be posted on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment?