Friday, July 23, 2010

Princessly Diets: Tips on fruit!

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to share a quick tip on how to get your daily allowance of fruits- easily and painlessly!

What I like to do is measure out a cup of your fruit of choice. ((Or your metric equivillent- I'm in the U.S. so I measure in cups.)) Today I chose blueberries. Wash them out and put them in a bowl with a little bit of a topping. You could use a tablespoon of sugar or honey, or something more flavorful like 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips. It doesn't even have to be sweet! In fact, my topping of choice is a few slices of sharp chedder cheese! ((Not too much, however, my dears- too much cheese can clog your arteries!!))

Then, with your bowl, go and do something mindless. Some examples are watching a movie or playing a simple video game like Mario or Tetris. ((Or, for more advanced gamers, Final Fantasy- Echos of Time. Seriously, mindless!!)) While doing this activity, you will likely mindlessly munch on your healthy snacks- thus giving you the nutrition, without having to incorporate fruits into main meals like dinner or lunch! I am currently watching the Korean movie 200 Pounds Beauty.

Most of us need only do this once a day, but some of you may require more than that. In order to find out the correct amount of fruit you need each day, please check out the Food Pyramid Website's chart.

That's all for now, my princesses! Eat well and stay healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment?